Globally, India is positioned second when it comes to producing cement. Thus, it is a no-brainer that the segment attracts huge investments both from the domestic as well as foreign investors. The cement sector plays a vital role in the economy of the country and is also a big employment provider.
With the union government emphasising on infrastructure, this sector is going to get more impetus in the coming days. The players in the sector are thus working on applying the latest high-end solutions to gain competitive advantage. ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) is one such automation solution that makes use of information technology. The major goal of applying ERP Solution is to provide an alternative that is cost-effective for the manual procedures in the industry.
Some of the features of the ERP system are as under:
- The strategic data is available at one place, which helps the organisations to improve their performance.
- The entire business processes are streamlined.
- With the help of ERP tool’s procurement module, the companies can manage their procurement requirement on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. It also helps the management to keep total control over the vendors’ contract pricing and authorization.
- The order management system in it helps in following up the pending orders and executing the customer orders.
- The slow-moving inventory can be identified through it and can thenbe taken care of appropriately.
Applying ERP solutions helps in increasing the productivity and lowering the operating costs, thereby ensuring a higher ROI (Return on Investment). Let us see some of its major benefits.
- Optimisation: ERP tools help in boosting both the quality and efficiency. This is achieved as the ERP system provides the basic automation system controllers that are installed in the plant automatic external set point values. By matching these values, the functioning of all ancillary units like kiln, mills and coolers function at optimal levels. As the processes are automated, the risk of multiple operator behaviour syndromes and human error is also eliminated.
- Real-Time Data Integration: Data is crucial for the functioning of any organisation and if data obtained at various operating points can be integrated and compiled on real-time basis it works wonders. The ERP solutions assimilate this data as per the requirements of the organisation.
- Reduces Operating Cost: This software helps in integrating the business processes across various departments into a single entity of enterprise-wide information system. This results in improved coordination across departments and higher efficiencies, thereby resulting in reduced operating costs.
- Better Control at Each Stage: Right from crushers to packers, ERP implementation provide automation and perfect control. The companies that implement these solutions get the designing, configuration, engineering, installation and commissioning done by the ERP developing companies on turnkey basis.
ERP solutions provide the workflow execution and multi-departmental coordination in the most efficient manner and are the need of the hour to stay competitive.