The tunable diode laser absorption spectroscopy is used for measuring the attentiveness of certain species present in the gas. This technology makes use of a tunable diode and laser absorption spectrometry in order to measure the concentration in a gaseous mixture.
Along with this, TDLAS also determine the pressure, velocity, temperature as well as mass flux of the gas under surveillance. In fact, this is one of the most common techniques for quantitative assessments of species in the gas phase. It is the responsive and vigorous technique that one can find at Nanoplus.com which is used to trace the gas leakage. The TDLAS is based on the law that states a relation between the transmissions of light throughout the gas.
Following are some of the basic features of this laser technology:
- It can gauge the sticky gases.
- TDLAS is one of the strongest tools for that detects the ppm to ppb concentrations level.
- Also, consist of the portable gas detector.
- This technique works well at or above the room temperature.
- It is a contactless technique.
Technologies of TDLAS that one can find on the Nanoplus.com include:
- It is carried out in the form of cavity enhanced spectroscopy.
- TDLAS make use of 2f spectroscopy.
- Photo acoustic Spectroscopy also comes under one of the TDLAS technologies.
- This uses light detection and ranging techniques.
- Direct absorption spectroscopy.
These are the features endowed by the Nanoplus|tunable diode laser absorption spectroscopy (TDLAS) technology. If you compare this technique to other highly sensitive technology like chromatography, then it offers fail safe operation, high selectivity and low cost of ownership features.
Working of Tunable Diode Laser Technology
The TDLAS contain a tunable diode laser light source, receiving optics, transmitting optics, optically accessible medium and detector. Actually, the release wavelength of this laser diode is tuned over the characteristic incorporation line of the species in gases including methane and CNG. This further will reduce the measured signal intensity and then determine the gas concentration as well as other properties.
You can come to know more about the tunable diode laser technology through the Nanoplus.com. This makes use of different diode lasers according to the application and the range over which the tuning is to perform. The tunable diode laser exploits the assimilation feature of gases for the laser based trace gas detection.